With the generosity of Friends like YOU and an army of volunteers, Dag Hammarskjold Plaza is thriving.
Be a Member
Membership makes you a vital part of the “green community.” We give the park a voice, and the greater our numbers, the stronger our voice. Whether you contribute $10 or $10,000, your support matters. Healthy parks make healthy neighborhoods.
As A member, you:
- Practice park stewardship and help Dag Hammarskjold Plaza thrive
- Become an informed park advocate, aware of important developments that impact Dag Hammarskjold Plaza and NYC’s public parks
- Receive special announcements and news about park activities
- Connect with the community through events and volunteer opportunities
- Make a difference in your neighborhood’s quality of life and property values
Be a Volunteer
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization.
- Help with events
- Assist in the office with mailings, data entry, filing
- Plant flowers, and help tend the garden
- Provide computer tech support
- Set up and strike shows (equipment, chairs, etc.)
- Host membership tables at events
- Write for the newsletter, website, and blog
- Video and/or photograph the park, garden and our activities
- Draw/design flyers, posters, banners
Be sure to let us know if you have special skills to contribute, such as writing, video, art and graphic design, publicity, or fundraising.
Be a Sponsor
You can sponsor us in a number of ways!
- Sponsor an Event: We offer special corporate branding opportunities.
- Sponsor a Bench (PDF form) and remember a loved one, even a pet!
- Have another idea? Let us know!